Saturday, July 25, 2015

Warby Parker #SeeSummerBetter

I have been hearing about this eyeglass company,  Warby Parker.  First my son ordered glasses from them, and then a co-worker highly recommended them.  I thought I would visit their website, one of these days.

I had cured my severe near-sighted-ness several years ago with lasic surgery.  Although I hate to admit it, I should wear glasses for reading, and my distance is slightly less than 20-20.  I do have a pair of expensive designer glasses that have "progressive" lenses.  Since the lens size is so small they spend more time in my purse or on top of my head.

Needless to say, I was casually shopping for a new pair of frames.  As fate would have it,  I received an email from a representative from Warby Parker, asking me if I would like to participate in their summer campaign by posting about them in this blog.  (By the way, as an MBA in Marketing - great social media concept guys!)

This blog is a my creative outlet to write about things that inspire me.  My favorite topics are travel and fashion.  Sometimes I even share information about a product that I love.  I keep this blog authentic, and only post about products that truly impress me.

Before I committed to anything, I visited the Warby Parker website.  This is a great concept.  You select 5 pairs of glasses, they ship you the samples, and you have time to decide which pair you like.  Coming from somebody who spent countless hours at the eye doctor's office trying to pick a pair of frames while fighting for a little mirror space, this concept appealed to me.

The thing that sets Warby Parker that stood out to me was their program "Buy a Pair, Give a Pair".  Warby Parker donates a portion of their sales to a non-profit which reaches out to men and women in developing countries how to give basic eye exams and sell glasses in their own community.

That's my story, and this is why I decided to participate in their #SeeSummerBetter campaign.

Which pair would I choose for me?
 Ames in Graphite Fog caught my eye right away.
 So fun!  

They match my dress after all.  

But then there is  Piper in Jet Black.
So Classic.

Maybe all 3?  #SeeSummerBetter

No comments:

Post a Comment